Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cagle Farm

Jackson and I dropped Philip off at preschool this morning and got in line for the first field trip of the year  - a visit to Cagle Dairy Farms (which we learned on the hayride is no longer a dairy farm but a beef farm! Thankfully, we were told this after we had gone to the petting zoo portion of the trip!)

Most of the kids have a least one parent join the school on the trip so there were lots of vans in the carpool line. I found my friend Hector and his son, Ethan, and offered to drive them. They agreed so the four of us headed out.
Jackson and Ethan
Jackson and Mommy

It was a beautiful day for a field trip. I was really excited about it because Jackson was listening to me and staying close - until Hudson showed up. He was late arriving but once he did, I lost my little hand-holder and he grabbed hold of his friend.  Oh well, he made it up to me by giving me a kiss when no one was looking!


Seriously, everything we do these days is because of Hudson
Spiky Hair
Power Ranger for Halloween
Wants to try Bologna sandwiches!!!



We did get to see a milking session with Ms Rosie (I think that is the cow's name not the staff). It was interesting and much better/less traumatic than anything having to do with the Beef portion of the farm!

Hudson, Jackson and Bryce
(Bryce is another one of Jackson's buddies and he is a new member at our church!)

They showed us how they train the dogs to help with the sheep...
And cows.
So as soon as they started the above cattle demonstration, the black and white cows came towards the wagon with the dog following behind. The dog (pictured below) is also black and white and this fact confused Jackson. He yelled to me, "Mommy! Look, they even have a little bitty cow!"It was amusing to me to respond "No, Jackson. That's the dog!"


After the hay ride, we ate a quick lunch and returned home to pick up Philip from school.

How many boys can fit on a picnic bench?
Kaleb, Aiden, Hudson, Jackson and Ethan



No comments:

Post a Comment