Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Family Fun Day!

Today was the Fall Family Fun Day at our church. The main purpose of the day is to pamper 50 local families with food boxes, coats, a warm meal and a fun, festive atmosphere for their kids. In the process, the Grace Chapel kids will hopefully have a blast as well!

For the past several years, I have gone over and volunteered for the Day and Wesley has come by later with the kids for Trunk or Treat. This year, we reversed the role. Wesley went over before lunch to be the Clown and make balloon animals for the kids (he made over 200 balloons in less than 2 hours!!!). Jackson, Philip and I arrived around 12:30 so the kids could play and then take part in Trunk or Treat.

I didn't get a chance to glimpse into the building to see the coat drive, food boxes, or lunch, but the kids' area was awesome! Kate was in charge of setting this all up and it turned out to be a great success.

The weather wasn't perfect, but I liked the break in the 80 degree heat we have been having! It was 55 degrees, windy, and drizzly - perfect for a Fall Fest!

Here are some pictures of the kids enjoying the day:

Waiting for a chance to play the tennis ball/pumpkin game!
He is concentrating so hard!!!!
Thanks to Brent, Bryce's Dad, for lending a helping hand since I "had" to take pictures and Wesley was busy with the balloons!



He was all about this game - or was it the candy prize at the end he most enjoyed?!

What a crew!
Lucas, Philip, Jackson and Bryce!
Once Wesley's shift was over, he came down to enjoy the festivities
It wasn't long after Wesley came down, that I had to go get ready for Trunk or Treat. I didn't decorate my car. Maybe I will do that next year...No... Wait...Who am I kidding?! I won't decorate it next year! I know the kids don't care what the car looks like as long as I have good candy!

I had my candy and Kate's candy to hand out so I was a popular car. Here I am passing out to my two favorite Trick or Treaters - Spiderman and the golden Power Ranger! 


I figured since I couldn't hid my bump, why not show her off!  
Fall Fest 2012!
Katey, Kate and Leanne

Trying to find More Candy!

Hulk Smash and Iron Man!

After the candy was all handed out, we attempted a group shot with the kids. This one turned out great and was captured right before...
We lost one! 
Hulk took a dive behind the other super heroes!  





The Power Ranger costume came off rather quickly which is interesting considering Jackson has worn it almost every day since we bought it in early September!
Once we arrived home,  it took nearly no time for our Super Heroes to cash out! I guess that is a sign of a really good day! 









1 comment: