Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nashville: Day One

Once the final dates were set for Wesley's India trip, I decided that Jackson and I needed to take a trip to Mimi's!

We got Wesley off on Thursday, and yesterday we took off. After a brief stop in Chattanooga - Thank you to my brother-in-law and sister in-law for watching Flash again for us - we arrived in Nashville around dinner time. We had a nice relaxing dinner and prepared for the week ahead. Since it has been awhile since Jackson and I have been up here, we have a busy week scheduled with play dates, dinners/lunches with friends, and major family time!

We started off our jam-packed week bright and early today with an Easter Egg hunt at my parents' church. Susan and her family joined us as well. It really was a great time.

Mommy and Jackson at Hillsboro's Egg Hunt

Before the hunt, all the kids played around on the playground.



I have mentioned this before, but Rebekah is not one for the smiles :-) Here she is enjoying herself on the playground.



Jackson found the fun slide!

Around 11, they started the hunt. It was great because there was a special area designated for those 2 and under. The big kids were kept out so the little ones could take their time figuring out what was going on. It didn't take long for Rebekah to figure out there was something special in each egg!






While she was going to town on some chocolate, Jackson enjoyed the hunt.













After the hunt, Susan and Tim left Joshua, Caleb, and Rebekah to stay the afternoon with us! It was so fun! Jackson and Rebekah became big buds! Here they are strolling to the car together. How precious!










We were headed off to Costco where they enjoyed some time with Mimi!


After Costco, all four kids played outside.




Here's Jackson helping Rebekah up the hill
Look how big Joshua and Caleb are! They had so much fun outside with Pop-Pop!


It was a fun day, but boy, am I tired...and it's only day one!!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!!!
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I did not miss you before, I sure do now. That picture of Rebekah and Jackson holding hands is priceless. Everyone be on the lookout for that as a greeting card compliments of my creative wife :0)

    This blog thing is awesome especially when I am out of town.

    Love you and miss you,

    me

    ReplyDelete