Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Retreat

This weekend Wesley, Jackson, and I traveled to Douglasville, GA to join the church youth group for a Spring Break Get Away. Wesley had been asked by our youth minister, Rocky, to be the weekend speaker and he was so excited (he really misses that part of youth ministry).

Rocky also asked Jackson and me to join the group. His wife Ashley and their two little ones, Camp and Shepherd, would be there. Also our friends Brad and Cory were going with their two, Carter and Cammie.

Wesley stayed busy with the teens and Jackson and I enjoyed time with Ashley, Cory and the kids. We had a great time playing outside and even ventured out in the paddle boats.

Since it wasn't easy sleeping Friday night with three women and five kids in one cabin, Cory and Ashley left Saturday afternoon and traded in cabin life for comfy beds in Cumming. Jackson and I stayed around and enjoyed the evening activities.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hear Wesley speak since Jackson wasn't one to sit down and listen, but I heard he did a great job (as I knew he would!)

Here are some pictures from the weekend:

Since Jackson's skin is fair just like mine, I didn't want to take any chances with the sun. He wore his UT hat all weekend. Since he was in the shade, I let him wear it backwards - I think he looks so cute!
Cammie, Camp and Jackson waiting their turn for the paddle boat.
Carter and Cory
Jackson and Leanne

Such a big boy sitting in chairs in the Mess Hall
Let me set up the story below. I had to run inside for something so I asked Cory and Ashley to keep an eye on Jackson for me. When I returned, Jackson was sitting down as calm as can be, eating a bag of DORITOS! He had found Carter's stash and just started to enjoy. I think he ate the entire bag!!!
Of course, nothing goes better with Doritos than a Star Wars sippy cup full of milk :-)



Even when posing for pictures, he wouldn't put that bag down!



The weekend sure did make one tired little boy!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Jackson is making his "Rebekah" face in that second one!
    J and C will be so proud that he loves doritos, too!

    ReplyDelete