Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wesley's idea of a relaxing weekend

A few weeks ago, I invited our friends Erin, Daniel, and Baby Elizabeth to come visit. We worked it out where they would come the weekend after Wesley got back from India and Jackson and I returned from Tennessee.
Once I got to Nashville, I took a good look at our calendar and realized a weekend visit after all the traveling to India, Nashville, and Augusta was just too much. I sadly asked Erin if we could reschedule. She was very understanding and agreed we had a little too much on our plate and needed some down time.

So this weekend was going to be our "get-back-into-the-swing-of-things", relaxing weekend. All I can say is that if the past two days are what Wesley calls relaxing, he needs serious help!

As soon as Wesley heard that I had postponed with Erin and Daniel, he decided to take Jackson to the Men's Campout at church. I argued with him for a brief minute: "Wesley, you are just returning to the US, why don't you spend the weekend at home."

His reply: "A camping trip with a 21-month old will be relaxing!"

Whatever!

They went and had a great time. Though most of the campers were older, two of Jackson's little buddies, Camp and Tucker, were there so Jackson had a blast! Wesley even took Flash with him.

Breakfast of Champions: Sorry the picture's so small but Jackson is enjoying a Rice Krispy Treat covered in blue icing for breakfast! I really did pack him something healthy!

Jackson, Camp and Tucker: In a few years, this could be trouble!

Flash loved playing with all the kids. Here he is with Tucker.


For dinner, they grilled out hot dogs for the men and the boys enjoyed PB&Js


With all three of the men away, I was able to relax all by myself. Friday night I caught up on e-mails and watched a little TV. Saturday morning, I went and got my hair cut (and highlighted for the first time!!) and did some shopping.

When I returned from my morning activities, I found Wesley mowing the back yard - does he ever stop! All afternoon he either worked in the yard or played with Jackson. We took dinner over to our neighbors who just had a baby and only after that did he actually slow down. I think he feel asleep at 9:00 on the couch. Good for him.

Today, proved to be no more relaxing -- it was Mission's Sunday at church. We dressed in authentic Indian clothes for the presentation at Grace Chapel. After worship at GC, we headed over to John's Creek Baptist where they were also having a Mission's service. Since several of their members were on the recent India trip, Wesley wanted to go support them as well.

Wesley picked up a little outfit for Jackson this trip - doesn't he look so handsome.


After both services, we headed over for a Celebration lunch with the India Team. We stayed over there until 2:00 playing, eating, and listening to stories of the trip. Finally, after lunch, Wesley really decided to slow down and he took a Sunday nap. He and Jackson slept for almost three hours!
Tonight ended with a relaxing evening at home with Jackson and his friend, Sam. Right before Wesley headed to India, Sam's parents Kate and Ben offered to watch Jackson so we could have a kidless dinner before we would be apart for two weeks. We graciously took them up on the offer with the promise that we could watch Sam for them soon.

Kate and Ben are about to go separate ways for two weeks (Ben on business/Kate to see family) so we were able return the favor and watch Sam while they went out for dinner tonight.

For some, the idea of watching another toddler might not sound relaxing, but Sam is a perfect angel! He is so calm and helps Jackson settle down as well. They played ball, ate a great dinner, and just enjoyed being around each other. We had a great time with Sam and look forward to seeing him when he gets back to Georgia.


This is how we found Sam most of the night - with the blue ball in his hands!


All in all it was a great weekend. I just wish Wesley would learn how to really relax and not pile so much stuff on his plate! Oh well at least he has fun!

1 comment:

  1. Guess I got a little Jack in me after all.

    ReplyDelete