Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Tree

Last Friday night, Wesley and Jackson decorated the Christmas tree while Philip and I looked on. They did a great job. I love our tree! It is not filled with fancy ornaments, but treasured memories. Here are the newest additions this year:

Growing up, Mimi would give each of us a wooden ornament with our names on them. Usually, the theme corresponded with something we had experienced over the year.
Now, she continues that tradition with the boys. Philip's above is his first, and the one below is Jackson's 4th! This year, she selected Lion King since Jackson saw the Lion King show in Disney World in October.
My friend Cory hosted her annual ornament exchange last night, and I came home with these cuties from Kate.
I was with Kate at Starbucks when she purchased them, and I was hoping I would get them. I "stole" them from Misty, but thankfully, no one stole them from me. Probably no one dared take them because of the "if you take them, I will be so sad" look I had in my eyes!
Another one from Kate. She bought us each a Pink Pig to remember our experience earlier this week!

2 comments:

  1. Best Christmas Tree ever. It's fun to have so many memories captures through ornaments. Awesome!
    -- Wesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our tree is covered in wooden ornaments and handmade ones, too. I wouldn't trade, either!

    ReplyDelete