Monday, December 27, 2010

Prayers for Mimi

I am a little behind on my posts – blame it on the holiday season! I need to catch up but first I wanted to take a moment and ask for some prayers.

Last night my Mimi was admitted into the hospital. For the past several months she has been dealing with the return of cancer and last night, the ugliness of this dreaded disease sent pain throughout her entire body. Thankfully, they were able to administer some medicine to reduce the torture, but she is still being monitored for pain and excess fluid in her body.

I ask for prayers that Mimi can find comfort. She deserves comfort! She has served as a beautiful example of a Christian woman, wife, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother always thinking of others before herself – serving at the church; taking food to those in need; rocking babies at the hospital; loving her family. She passed that gift onto my mom who shares her passion for serving and doing for others.

As I have recently posted, she filled my childhood with wonderful memories of laughter and fun. She and Papa gave Susan, Emily, me all that we could have wanted or needed. She spoiled us way too much but that’s just the way she is!

Even though she gave us physical goodies, the most important thing she ever lavished on us was her love and love us she did. Her three angels were her treasures…until her 5 great grand kids came into this world. Joshua, Caleb, Rebekah, Jackson, and Philip provided her with so much joy and daily they (along with the three of us and our husbands!) were brought before the Lord in prayer.

She has lived a beautiful life and though I don’t want to see it end, I don’t want her to be in pain. Please join me in prayer that this special woman of faith and love will find comfort and peace.

10 comments:

  1. Very touching and very well written. I love you.

    --me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep praying for your Mimi.
    Love you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet. Dad said she was able to eat some ice cream tonight!
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words, Leanne about your Mimi. How blessed all of you are. Prayers for peace and comfort from the Johnstons. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying for all of you. love you!

    abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry that your Mimi is having to suffer. She deserves peace and comfort and she will find it in the arms of Jesus one day. You are all in my prayers.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne - Your Mimi is a lovely, precious person, and I pray for her and your grandfather and all of your family at this very difficult time. I love you! Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leanne,
    I am so sorry to hear all of that! I will pray for her and for Papa. Love you girl!
    CRistal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wes told me at lunch today about your Mimi, you have loads of prayers coming towards you and your family for comfort and peace. She sounds like an incredible woman and role model and I can only thank her for so many of the wonderful qualities in you that influence my life and the lives of all those around you, talk about a ripple effect!

    Love,

    Minutha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Leanne!!! Sorry to hear about your Mimi passing but at least she will be in Heaven and out of pain!!! Love your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Love,

    Macey:)!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete