Monday, December 6, 2010

Mimi Muffins

Every have a smell take you back?

This morning, Jackson and I decided to make muffins for breakfast. I had purchased a Martha White blueberry muffin mix because it was on sale, but as soon as I opened it, I was reminded of why I was really drawn to this package.

Martha White muffins are what my Mimi would always make for me. The smell of the “blueberries” reminded me so much of her and all the fun times I have shared in her kitchen.

Susan – do you remember playing Princess at the kitchen table? I was Fergie and you were Princess Di. (Emily - I am sure you were there too, but I can't remember who you were!)

Mimi taught us how to eat like royalty. On the menu every time was broccoli with ranch dressing and ham and rolls. Oh, happy times!

Funny, how a simple smell can take you back to your childhood!

Chef Jackson making Mimi Muffins

Just watching for now...soon he will be joining the cooking fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment