Friday, May 28, 2010

Last day of Preschool

Yesterday was Jackson's last day of 2 year old preschool. It has been a wonderful year full of growth. Since September, his vocabulary has grown; he is playing with others instead of just by others; and he knows his colors, shapes, letters and numbers (well, except for #3...he has difficulty remembering it's in there!).

There have been behavioral bumps along the way. With a class of 10 boys and 2 girls, that is to be expected but we have used those bumps to try to figure out what works for Jackson as far as discipline goes. It is still a learning game, but rewards and consequences seem to encourage him a little more than time-out.

I am so very proud of him and all he has accomplished this year. Can't believe my little man already has one year of school under his belt!

First day of 2 year old preschool

Last day of preschool
His backpack (barley) made it through to the last day!


Waiting in line for drop off. (If we arrived early, he was allowed to get out of his seat and wait in the front with Mommy. He really love that!)

Jackson was blessed to have two amazing teachers this year. Mrs. Kristen was the head teacher and Mrs. Shirley was her assistant. We are going to miss these wonderful ladies over the summer and next year!

Jackson with Mrs. Shirley

Jackson and Mrs. Kristen

The last activity of each day was time in the Ball Room. Jackson loved using this time to ride on the bicycles! Usually, when I peaked my head in the room before I picked him up, I would find him riding around.

On his motorcycle
I love it when I can tell Jackson is smiling even when all I see is the back of his head!

I am thinking a tricycle for his 3rd birthday! I know he will love it!
On the last day of school, they had a huge party. Pizza, water time, and a face painter. Here he is showing me his fish - he just couldn't remember what side it was on!

I can't believe when Jackson started school, we knew we would welcome a baby in Feb. but didn't know it would be a little boy! Now, here is our little 4 month old, Philip! I loved having some time alone with Philip while Jackson was at school, but I am really looking forward to having both my boys with me all summer!

1 comment:

  1. Is his backpack named "Barley", or did the backpack "barely" make it through the year? Haha!!! I love seeing how much Jackson has grown over the past year!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete