Monday, May 3, 2010

Prayers for Nashville

While Wesley, Jackson and my father-in-law, Jack, were in Disney World, Philip and I were going to head to Nashville to spend time with my family. Emily and I had plans to work on a project around her house. Susan and I were going to go to a movie, and my parents were taking me out for a nice steak dinner.

Thursday I got an e-mail from my mom saying that the weather was supposed to be bad over the weekend. She suggested traveling Friday instead of Sunday. I didn't really give it much thought since I had things to do around the house before I left. And anyways, I never put much stock in the weathermen...they never get it right, do they?

Well, this time, they hit it right on! Starting Saturday, it has rained and rained in Nashville and they are experiencing the worst floods since anyone can remember. Susan said they hit a two day total of 14 inches of rain (the most on record before this weekend was 6 inches in two days!).

I made the executive decision not to travel up there when I saw a news clip on TV of a school building floating down I-24!

Emily sent me a picture of the Crieve Hall area. Unbelievable! I lived in this area for 25 years and never saw anything like this!



Please say a special prayer for all those living in Nashville. So many are starting this week off with water in their houses and businesses. It is going to take a long time to get everything cleaned up and Mom said more rain is expected this coming weekend. It makes it hard when it hits so close to home!

My prayers are with you, Nashville!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad you couldn't come this weekend, but so thankful you didn't try to make the trip in this weather! It has been crazy hearing everyone's stories from the weekend!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete