Thursday, November 25, 2010

2010 Boulevard Bolt

The Boulevard Bolt is a 5 mile race run each year on Thanksgiving Day, and Emily, Ryan and I signed up to participate this year.

I trained for 12 weeks for the run and I knew I could do it. Since it was the end of November, I expected a cold, dreary run, but we were in luck. It was a beautiful morning. The perfect weather for a race with 7000 of my closest friends!

We did a great job. We all three started together and finished together. This was the first time Emily had ever run 5 miles straight and the first time I had in a long time. I was so proud of us!

Wesley, my dad, Philip and Jackson met us at the end to cheer us to a big finish!

Finishing the 5 miles

Emily, Ryan, & Leanne

We are now runners!

Our fans

No comments:

Post a Comment