Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend with my boys

Wesley was asked to speak at the youth retreat at his parents’ church this weekend. He left on Friday afternoon. The boys and I stayed back with high hopes of entertaining lookers to our newly listed house for sale! (Wishful thinking -no one came by this weekend)

I wanted to keep us busy so Friday after naps, we headed to the YMCA. After a quick run, Jackson and I went to the indoor pool. We were having a great time until out of the blue he informed me that he wanted to leave. Why? Because he wanted to go play with Philip! (Yay! They do like each other!)

Saturday morning, we went back to the Y for another run. This time, Jackson wanted to stay with Philip in the play center. After lunch, we all went down for rest time. Philip quickly went to sleep, but Jackson wanted to play. I told him to play in his room and I was going to relax for awhile. I guess I fell asleep because the next thing I knew, Jackson was in my room showing me his masterpiece….
I have no idea how he found this picture or where he got the pen, but at least he vandalized a picture of himself instead of one of someone else! I really liked that picture too – I am glad I have another one!

After naps, we headed to the Mall of Georgia. We rode the train, watched a Christmas parade, and ate dinner before leaving the mall for Toys R Us. Jackson bought a new toy and Philip got diapers and formula…how fun! To end a great night, we stopped off at Krispy Kreme for a late night treat. Yummy! It was the perfect way to end a great weekend with my boys!

Poor Philip. He wanted to taste the donuts too! Maybe next time.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Philip,
    I will take you to Krispy Kreme ANY time you want. I will give you a donut instead of making you watch me eat one.
    Love,
    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't know you listed your house!!!

    great picture of the boys.

    love, abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. You tell Philip that when Mimi takes him to Krispy Kreme, he will get a doughnut!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is on the market? We have a lot of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete