Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Philip is 9 months old!

Our baby is 9 months old! I can’t believe it!

The biggest difference we have noticed in Philip this month is that he no longer has that wide mouth toothless grin – he now has a wide mouth 2-teeth grin!!!
His bottom two teeth popped through this month. It has been funny to watch him get used to them. Though they aren’t “full grown” yet, he is having so much fun running his tongue across them. I guess that is a weird feeling to go from noting in your month for 9 months to something poking out.

In addition to his teeth, this month has also produced his first word “Da Da”. Philip has also started waving bye-bye and clapping. He is able to hold up his bottle and feed himself. Everything is going into his mouth so we have to be careful of all the little crumbs Jackson leaves behind. We have pulled many a Rice Krispies out of his mouth!

Still no steps, but he is pulling up on everything and letting go. He will balance for a few seconds and then plop down. He did fall for the first time this month, but it wasn’t while standing. He was just sitting on the kitchen floor playing with a toy and fell backwards. It surprised us all – especially him!

One of his biggest accomplishments for the month is he spent a week away from Mommy, Daddy, and Jackson when we went to Disney. When we all got back together, I could tell him missed Wesley and me, but he really was glad to see Jackson! They have played and played together over the past several weeks.

It is so sweet to see their friendship develop. One of their favorite games is “Get Me” Jackson starts running around the downstairs in a circle yelling “Get me, Baby Shilip” and Philip crawls after him. Usually both are laughing and enjoying it until Philip gets bored and starts playing with something else!

I am one blessed Mommy!

Philip - 9 months old

He was not amused with all my picture taking today!


He standing!

This child has his mouth open in more pictures than me!!!


2 comments:

  1. Leanne- I haven't been keeping up with blog world lately, so I have some catching up to do!

    Philip is SO cute! I love his eyes. I'm sure they just melt your heart. I need to see you guys soon!

    Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. It meant a lot and I am thankful to have a friend like you.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. my word, he is just beautiful!!!! love it!

    abby

    ReplyDelete