Monday, November 22, 2010

Spare Key

We pulled into the garage this afternoon after a successful trip to the YMCA. Before heading in to make lunch and get on with the day, I sent out a text to a couple of friends. Throwing my phone and keys into the passenger seat, I got out of the car and headed to the back to retrieve something from the trunk.

My first attempt to open the hatch was unsuccessful as was the second, third….

I ran to the front and quickly realized the doors were locked! I told myself to calm down and tried to explain to Jackson how to undo his seat belt. No luck.

I then asked him to reach to the door lock and pull up…no luck.

Having no phone, I ran next door where after several knocks and door bell ringings, our wonderful neighbor Angela, answered. I explained the situation and she ran to get a phone for me. I called Wesley and asked about the spare key.

He suggested a place where it might be so I ran back to the house. Jackson at that point had figured out what was going on and was not happy.

I checked in the suggested place with no luck. I ran back to call Wesley and met my neighbor on the way. Phone in hand, she took over calming Jackson while Wesley and I tried to figure out where the key might be.

I was about to just say forget it and call 9-1-1 when he suggested to look in the junk drawer.

Success!

I found the key, opened the door, hugged my neighbor, and took two confused little boys into the house.

I was trying to calm myself down and I worried how Jackson was going to pull it together...shouldn't of worried about that!

His first thought was: "Hey, Mommy, can I watch George now?"

So glad it didn’t scar him for life..and so thankful for spare keys!

No comments:

Post a Comment