Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Jacksonims

Over the past 5 days, I have caught up on my Blog by posting 36 entries! It has to be a record. I hope I never get this behind again! Though I haven’t been posting for the past 2 months, I have been recording all the note-worthy things Jackson has said and done. Here is 2 months worth of Jacksonisms:

  • At the SunTrust Customer Appreciation Day, we were handed a packet of seeds. We came home and planted them in our “garden.” That evening - about 6 hours after we had planed the seeds – we returned home and Jackson ran to the back door. It was so dark but he ran outside and yelled, “Oh man, the flowers aren’t here yet!” I had forgotten about planting the seeds and yet all day, he must have been thinking about them.

  • You know that feeling when you need to cough and it makes it hard to talk until the cough comes out? Well, that happened to Jackson and he looked at me and said in that low, scratchy sound “Mommy, I ran out of voice!"

  • I told Jackson we were going to hunt Easter Eggs and he needed a basket. He kept saying he wanted a pumpkin one. I couldn’t understand why until I realized he meant a Trick-or-Treat basket. He thought all baskets that were used to collect candy needed to be pumpkin like his Halloween one!

  • The other day, he informed me someone was in California? Where did he learn that word/state/place?

  • Guess he was studying rainbows at school: Mommy: Jackson what color is that horse? Jackson: I don’t know. Maybe violet or Indigo.

  • I let him eat breakfast on the couch one morning. When he was finished, he came into the playroom where Philip and I were and said “Mommy, do I have to say “Excuse Me” from the couch?” Way to go! The manners are sticking!

  • When I took him to the movie, he kept asking are we going to the “The-A-Der”

  • We had a blood drive at church and Jackson was fascinated with it. I told him about the process and how the Blood guys come and take your blood to someone who needs it. That night he called to me from his room. “Mommy, what happens to Boo-Boos when they go away? Do the Blood Guys come and get them?” This is just one of many times I am amazed at how his brain works and how he processes everything he learns during the day!

  • One of the songs from his program was a chant – J-E-S-U-S. The day of his program I repeatedly heard him practicing in his room with Patches : J-A-S-U-S…I mean J-E-S-U-S… It was hysterical how many times he said it wrong but caught himself at the end and fixed it!

  • Another song was about Jesus Christ. I listened closely to Jackson singing it and realized he thought it was Jesus Price.

  • Remember the paci we lost months ago? Every now and then it comes back up in discussion. The other day he asked me what the men did with it when they found it in the sewer. “I don’t know” is not an acceptable answer so I said when the men found it, they took it to be recycled. His response: “Mommy, it didn’t have a triangle on it. It can’t be recycled!”

  • My mom shared this one with me. When a friend saw Jackson at church she said “Hi, Jackson.” His reply: “Her’d knowd my name!

  • At Chick-fil-a:

Me: No, Jackson. Chocolate milk makes you crazy.

Jackson: Mommy, can I have chocolate milk.

Jackson: No it doesn’t Mommy. It makes me funny!

  • After returning from Nashville:

Jackson: I don’t feel good.

Me: What hurts?

J: My toes

Me: Why do your toes hurt?

J: Because I had too much fun at Mimi and Pop Pop’s!


And finally, this one is not about Jackson but it must be shared:

  • Several weeks ago, Wesley was leading a retreat with the YMCA kids. During one session, he was doing his thing and making everyone laugh. Afterwards someone came up to him and said “Can I tell you what I overheard while you were speaking?” Here’s what was overheard: I just love it when old people try to be funny! My mom does that all the time!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Wesley! He didn't know he was old.
    Tell him to join the club!
    We love you!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete