Friday, May 13, 2011

Washington Farms - Strawberry Picking

Several weeks ago, I heard about a local farm that was open for strawberry picking. I knew I had to take the boys. Finding a day amid the craziness of preschool, swim lessons, and my work was difficult so this morning, I just decided we were going.

I called to make sure they were open and then put the boys in the car for the hour-long commute to Washington Farms. I was so excited when we pulled up. For the past three years, we have been blueberry picking and I just knew the boys would love the strawberry adventure.



Well, I was wrong…they were not into it. After two minutes in the field, they were over it. Jackson wanted to go sit in the car and Philip just wanted to sit in the fields.



I was able to distract them long enough to gather 2 gallons of the sweetest berries I have ever eaten. They were so good! Sadly, the boys didn’t even join in the excitement of the delicious treat. They were ready for the juice boxes!



2 gallons of sweet, red, homegrown strawberries

So I struck out with the strawberry picking, but they day wasn't all wasted. The boys loved the Sonic stop!


Both boys thought it was so much fun to be free of the car seats and eat in the front seat!

Sharing a strawberry milkshake - they were going to enjoy something strawberry today!



No comments:

Post a Comment