Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend in Nashville

We traveled to Nashville this past weekend so I could join Emily and Dad in the Country Music Half Marathon. In addition to our race on Saturday, we were able to enjoy a few other highlights from the weekend.

First off Friday night, we were able to watch Joshua and Caleb complete their 26.2-mile journey. Over the past several weeks, they have been running a mile a day and have logged in 25.2 miles. Tonight, they finished the journey with a one-mile run at the LP Stadium. We were all on hand to cheer them across the finish line.

Wesley (with Benjamin and Philip), Ryan (with Bekah and Jackson) & I went to the Finish line to grab a spot to see Joshua & Caleb finish.


Caleb finishing - White shirt in the background
And Joshua finishing!

Aunt Leanne is so proud of these boys!!

While Dad, Emily and I were at registration for the marathon, we picked up...okay, I picked up..these green bangy sticks from the Publix booth. Score one for me - they were a huge hit with Jackson and Rebekah and Philip!



Watch out Joshua, Jackson has a crazy look in his eye and a Bangy thing in his hand!



Even Uncle Ryan got in on the fun...

Proud parents
The smallest fan!

One very "star struck" Jackson with his cousins!

We all enjoyed dinner at my Mom’s and then Emily and I brought out the special treats we had for Race Day. I had printed some “Celebrating 60 with Pop Pop” shirts for us to wear, and Emily and Ryan had made some special treats for Wesley and Dad.

I had shirts made for the adults, but they didn't come in kids sizes...no fear, Kate to the rescue! Kate made these shirts for Jackson and Philip! Thanks, Kate!


Dad with Emily's special gift!

Wesley with his!

Saturday morning was the race and then Saturday afternoon was a “Sip and See” for baby Benjamin. Susan had a shower planned for the same weekend Benjamin planned on entering the world. They of course postponed the festivities to this weekend. I am so glad I got to celebrate with Benjamin, Susan, and all her friends from 4th Avenue:


One proud Mimi and one adorable Benjamin!

Please don't look at me in this picture! After the race, I started feeling terrible - my allergies were really acting up - and I didn't feel or look so hot. Of course, that didn't stop me from loving on my nephew...but as you can tell...he wasn't a fan of me! Can you believe someone got THE shot of him spitting up! It's a classic!

Look at all those gifts for Susan and Baby B!

Saturday evening, everyone (including both of my grandfathers) enjoyed a delicious dinner at my Mom’s. It was so nice to all be together.


My tired boy with his Drubby

A tired Benjamin with his Pop Pop

Susan and Emily with our Pop Pop

We had to get a picture of Benjamin in this bassinet. It's from my Dad's family, and so far, all of the grandkids have enjoyed snoozing in it once or twice.

I quickly drew a crowd as I was taking the pictures of Benjamin in the bassinet.

I had to ask Jackson not to climb on the bassinet that is 90+ years old!

He listened for 2 seconds and then...

was back to bothering Benjamin. Mimi was quickly called in to "guard" Benjamin!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing so much with us over that weekend! And for being my photographer the whole time. J and C were so proud to have your boys watch them run.

    ReplyDelete