Monday, May 9, 2011

My Mother's Day

My Mother's Day celebration started Friday evening. Wesley arranged a babysitter, and we headed to dinner and the movies. On the way to dinner at Cheeky's, he handed me a card. In the card was a Barnes and Noble gift card with the note: "Must be used in full on Friday night, May 6, 2011 for any reading material (books, magazines, etc)"

Wesley always spends gift cards right away. I usually save them (for who knows what!). This forced me to find something enjoyable that night! Great idea!

After a delicious dinner, I browsed the books at Barnes & Noble. I selected "The Dressmaker of Khair Khana: Five Sisters, One Remarkable Family, and the Woman who risked everything to keep them safe." It looked beautiful and seemed "Mother's Day" appropriate.

We enjoyed a Starbucks coffer and some magazine reading - I had to read the latest on the Royal Wedding! and then headed to the theater. Wesley had purchased tickets to Something Borrowed. I have read the Emily Giffin series and I was so excited to see this first movie. We got there early to get a seat - good idea because the place was packed by show time! I loved the movie and with all the comedy, Wesley really enjoyed it too.

It was getting late and we headed back to the house, but instead of turning on our street, Wesley went straight...what?!

He turned into a local hotel where he led me into my room for the night...MY ROOM!! He left me alone with the computer (so I could catch up on my blogs), a Jacuzzi tub, a gift card to Starbucks and Which Which, and orders not to return home until Saturday afternoon! AHHH!!! What a perfect gift - TIME to myself!!!

I enjoyed every minute of the time to sleep in, watch a little Food Network, and blog. When I got home, the boys were taking a nap, and I was able to enjoy a little more me time.

Sunday morning, we all went to church and sat together (something that we haven't done since the end of February because of this, that and the other!) Wesley made lunch and after naps, we played and headed to Moe's for dinner.

It's funny on the day set aside for Mother's, all I got (and enjoyed) was time off from the duties that come with being a Mother! No cooking, changing diapers, waking up early, etc... I could really just enjoy the things that bring me the most happiness in life - Wesley, Jackson, and Philip!

Thank you boys for making this Mother's Day so special and for letting me have the best job in the world - Mommy!

1 comment: