Friday, October 22, 2010

Abigail and Amelia!

What a special treat! Today my friend Abigail and her little girl came to visit. Abigail's husband, Seth, had a conference in Atlanta and since Abigail is not teaching this year, she and Amelia were able to tag along. Yay!

Miss Amelia was born in August and I had not seen her yet. I wanted to get my hands on this little angel! When they arrived, she was asleep and so I did want every other mother day would do, I let her sleep knowing I would have my chance to love on her when she woke up.

Jackson, Philip, Abigail, and I ate lunch and then after I put the boys to bed, Abigail and I were able to catch up before Amelia wanted her lunch.

I have known Abigail for 26 years (wow!). Our friendship has evolved over the years as we became graduates, wives and now mothers. Today, I loved watching Abba in her newest role - Mommy.

Those first few months home with a newborn are (at least in my case!) scary, overwhelming, emotional, and amazing! Abigail is doing a great job with all things that come along with a precious bundle of joy! Miss Amelia is one lucky little girl to have such a caring and loving Mommy!
Abigail and Amelia (11 weeks)
Look at that beautiful smile!

And big bright eyes!

I love to see little babies in Bumbo chairs. I think it is a riot when babies who shouldn't be sitting up, do!


Abigail had yet to let Amelia try out her seat, but since it was here, we put her in it for a few minutes. She did a great job and seemed to like it.


I of course, thought she was a cutie as she experimented with this new way to see the world!


Then Philip decided to show off his skills in the seat.
Wow! What a difference 6 months make!

Philip was more impressed with Amelia than she was of him.

Jackson didn't want to get too close...
Do you think he remembered 8 1/2 months ago, when one of those carriers came into this house and didn't leave?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Leanne! We had a great visit and can't wait to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I loved your blog and the pics Leanne! Your boys are so cute! I am so glad Abba and Amelia came to visit. She looked great in the bumbo! You took some good pics of her. Thanks for letting me read! Love, Aunt Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, Grandmom LOVED seeing this, Leanne. I only wish there had been a picture of you along with the ones of your precious boys and Abigail/Amelia. The long friendship between you and Abigail has been so much fun to share in through the years. From softball with Coach Jon, many meals and snacks prepared by your Mom and watching the two of you in all your activities, we have loved the interaction with you and your family. I hope you and Abigail remain lifelong friends and may God continue to bless you and your family. Love, pam

    ReplyDelete