Monday, October 11, 2010

All the planning

I recently was asked the question – What do you enjoy most the journey or the destination. For me, it is the journey.

I love all the planning, organization and prep work that goes into a vacation – in essence, the journey that leads to the destination.

This trip has been no exception. I have loved reading up on Disney, planning out a schedule for parks, rides, parades, and shows, and talking with Wesley and Jackson about all we will see and do while there.

Now, I didn’t have to do all the heavy planning. Lynne did a fabulous job planning out the details of the trips – the hotel, food, and reservations. I just got to work on all the fun extras that make the journey to Disney so much fun.

Wesley on the other hand is all about the destination. He really doesn’t care how we get there, what’s packed, or what’s planned. All he cares about is the fun we have when we get there. His idea of fun is not discussing our trip for hours each morning.

Even so, each day as we approached the trip, he would grant me a few minutes of pre-planning talk but quickly would change the subject.

Thankfully, though, Jackson shares my love for prep work and a few weeks ago at breakfast, he looked at me and said, “Wanna talk Disney?”

I don’t know who was more excited:

Me – who now has a planning buddy OR

Wesley – who realized he was now off the hook as my listening ear!

My excitement about sharing the love for planning went through the roof on our first day in the parks when the first thing my son, my little three-year-old son, wanted to do, was check out the map!

That’s my boy!

The Future Disney Planner

The first ride at the Magic Kingdom was one of Jackson's favorites - the parking tram!

Leanne, Shannon, and Macey waiting on the ferry boat (the monorail was broken - news that made Jackson very sad!)
Jackson and KD on the boat

Breakfast of Champions - the best cinnamon roll!

The Ringgold Benders
Joel, Luke, Trent, Abby

Jackson and Mommy driving the race cars

Wesley, Luke, Abby, Macey, Shannon, Jack, and Ron on Big Thunder Mountain

Grammy and Jackson waiting on the crew to get off the roller coaster

Ice Cream Break

Yummy - coke float!
Jack, Wesley and Jackson

Pirates and Princess
Jack, Luke, Cole, and Lynne

Mickey and Jackson

Seriously, Jackson? It would have been the best picture had he not taken THAT moment to pick his nose!

Chef Mickey's


2 comments:

  1. love the pictures Leanne!!! they just make me smile - such a wonderful time....

    love, abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more excited.

    Wes

    ReplyDelete