Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happiness

One of my favorite parts of being a mom is when I do something that provides immediate enjoyment for my kids. Helping put a contagious smile on Jackson face or seeing Philip's wide mouth grin of excitement fills me with so much joy.

Making sure Jackson’s trip to Disney was filled with happiness is what drove every decision Wesley and I made over the week:

- Wait 20 minutes in line for a Playhouse Disney puppet show - Check

- Order chicken nuggets every meal because that’s what Jackson wanted – sure thing

- Leave the park early because Jackson didn’t want to watch the amazing fireworks show – you bet!

It’s funny. Wesley and I went to Disneyworld for our honeymoon. Everything we did was centered around our enjoyment. Now, 8 ½ years later, every decision was made with Jackson’s smile in mind.

I think that smile’s worth it!



Day 2 - Hollywood Studios

Jack and Lynne in front of the Jedi Training Academy

Trent and Jackson joined Lynne, Abby, and me at the Playhouse Disney puppet show.

We all went to the Car Stunt Spectacular show and it was awesome! Jackson wasn't a fan of the noise we heard while in line...

or during the show.

Wesley Bender can never be called shy! When looking for volunteers for the Indian Jones Stunt Show, Wesley jumped up in his seat in hopes of being selected to help...He was! Here he is striking a pose...

And here he is in costume...

And here he is smiling at Jackson who was crying because he didn't understand why his Da-Da was on stage instead of in the seat right next to him!
I thought they were going to make me take Jackson out he pitched such a fit when Wesley first went on stage, but he calmed down until he saw his dad in costume. Thanks to some goofing off by Wesley on stage, Jackson started laughing and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Waiting in line for the Toy Story ride. We had fast passes so we only had to wait about 15 minutes. The stand-by line was over 2 hours!

Waiting on the parade - my favorite part of each park!

These two cracked me up - look at those faces!

Shannon and her "little" brother Wesley

Mom and Daughter - so beautiful!

Dinner at Mama Melrose - yummy! That's us in the very back with....

a very tired little boy.

At that moment, I was wishing I was asleep too! What a long but great day!

The Benders with Lightening McQueen and 'Mator

Most of the crew at Fantasmic. Lynne, Jackson and I left the park after dinner. Jackson wanted nothing to do with the fireworks and I didn't mind at all retiring early!

No comments:

Post a Comment