Saturday, October 30, 2010

Filled with Love

Over the past three days, Jackson and Philip have received Halloween cards from Mimi, Grammy, and Net. When the first one arrived in the mail, I told Jackson who it was from and asked him to read it to me. I was making dinner, and I wanted to see what he would say.

He took the card, opened it and “read” what was inside. When the second one came, I asked him to do the same, and again with the third. Amazingly, except for the senders’ names, all three cards said the same thing.

Here’s what I heard day one:

Me: Jackson, Mimi and Pop Pop sent you a card. Will you read it to me?

Jackson: From, Mimi and Pop Pop. We love you, Jackson!

Me: Yes, Jackson, that’s exactly right.

Here is a little boy who can’t read but knows when his grandparents and great grandparents send him a card, it is filled with love.

And yes, when he read Philip’s card, he said the same…From Mimi and Pop Pop. We love you, Baby Philip!

No comments:

Post a Comment