Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall Fest

Our church hosted a Fall Fest on Sunday morning. It was open to everyone in the community. Lunch was served. There were activities for the kids, and we had a donation center open for 50 families to pick up food, clothing and supplies. It was a neat way to combine fellowship and outreach to those in the area.

The day was about service to others as well as fun for our kids, but with two little ones, Wesley and I knew it would difficult to do both. We decided to let Wesley and the boys stay home and I was able to 100% volunteer my time for the day. What a great idea! Without having to worry about Jackson and Philip, I was able to really help out, and I really enjoyed the day. I was "traffic control" for the lunch line; candy-hander-outer for Trunk-or-Treat; and on clean-up duty! Tiring, but very enjoyable!

Kate and Ben had the same idea as Wesley and me. Their boys stayed at home and Kate worked hard at the Festival. It was fun to serve along side of her! Of course it wasn’t all work…we started off the morning with some pumpkin bread and drinks at Starbucks!
Here we in front of Kate’s adorable car getting ready hand out candy. I would post a picture of my trunk, but well, up against her creative masterpiece, mine looked pitiful!

The children's activities

Todd was the head volunteer for Lunch. He put countless hours into making sure everything ran smoothly as we feed 500 people a delicious lunch!


Getting ready to start serving the masses!

No comments:

Post a Comment