Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday, Jackson, Philip and I joined Kate, Sam and Jack for a trip to a local pumpkin patch. They hadn’t visited a patch this year and even though we had, it sounded like the perfect Friday morning activity.

We decided to go to Kinsley Farm, a farm that is only 20 minutes away and where we went with Cristal and her crew last year. When we arrived, there were a few school classes there, but no other visitors. It was really nice to not have to worry about crowds.

We packed up the little ones in a wagon and went to explore. They had a few farm animals to see/feed. Sam enjoyed that, but he was the only one. Jackson informed me he was scared of the big cows but not the little cows (aka goats).

Kate and I wanted to get the classic pumpkin patch pictures but the older boys were not in the mood. They wanted nothing to do with the camera and everything to do with throwing rocks! Who knew with all the pretty pumpkins to look at, they would be more entertained with the rocks! Boys will be boys!


It was the perfect way to begin this Halloween weekend!


The little boys started out the day in their own wagon pulled by their big brother...



That didn't last long so we ditched one wagon and let the little ones enjoy the day together (in a wagon pulled by the mommies!)


Here we are looking at the animals. As you can see, Sam is the only one brave enough to get up close.



Okay, so I am going to admit, I was freaked out by this cow too. It was huge. At one point, I looked over and he was staring straight at me. I mean, we made eye contact and it spooked me! I always thought cows were sweet little animals - no more!
(Abigail, if you are reading this, I am sorry...I am now afraid of cows!)

Chilling out in the wagon...
enjoying a little pumpkin!

Look at this little cutie! Jack is 6 weeks to the day younger than Philip. I hope they grow up to be great buds!

Our family photo


While the older boys entertained themselves by the rocks, Kate and I took the time to snag some pictures with our babies!

Don't you just want to squeeze those cheeks!

Finally, we were able to get one decent picture of our entire group. A nice man at the farm volunteered to take it for us. After seeing it, I was reminded of last year's picture. Seems as though I am destined to be partially cropped out of each picture. Weird...

Kate, Sam, and Jack
Leanne, Philip and Jackson


2009

2 comments: