Friday, April 22, 2011

Jackson's Spring Performance

Last night was Jackson’s Spring Program at Preschool. I love his preschool! They do such a great job with the kids.

For the past couple of weeks, we have been listening to a CD with his songs but he hasn’t given any hint to the performance. Last year, it took him a while to warm up, but once he did, he gave a performance of a lifetime! This year, there was NO warm up needed. He started and ended strong!

In perfect fashion, our video camera (which had been charging all afternoon) died as soon as he took the stage. I hope I can find some footage from another parent, but if not, it’s not a big deal. Wesley captured some great pictures from the show:

I know this picture is blurry, but I had to include it. Here is my big boy walking in with his hands behind his back like everyone else. So cute! Wesley and I were impressed with how well they were all doing coming in so perfectly. He's looking for us...

And Wesley is spotted!

Mrs. Mary's group is the last one on the right - Jackson is in the orange shirt on the front row.

He and his buddies Ethan (l) and Mack (r) held court on the animated front row!



Whoops...he spots the camera!

Now, back to singing...

And checking the Velcro on the shoes.

This face is for me. Jackson has an OBSESSION with putting his fingers in his mouth. I don't know what's up but I am constantly saying, "Get your fingers outta your mouth." Before he went on stage, I said Rule #1 - Make sure you find and wave at Mommy! (He did! When they first filed on stage, all the Moms and Dads jumped to their feet and started waving which produced many happy faces waving from the stage!) The #2 rule was keep your fingers out of your mouth. Which in actuality, I guess he did. His fingers weren't in his mouth - his whole hands were!

Now, this was impressive. Before the last song, they handed out the pom poms. Not a single kid waved it until the proper place in the song. Then, ON CUE! they all stopped waving them and put them by their side. Not a single one continued to wave those things. It was impressive and both Wesley and I commented on how amazed we were with these little ones!


Mrs Mary, Jackson and Mrs. Bev - We love these women!! Mrs. Mary is the head teacher and Jackson was so blessed to have her this year! At the beginning she said she would love these kids like her own grandchildren. I thought - that sounds nice but no way someone can love preschool kids like her own. Sure enough, she does! Her love for Jackson and concern for his mental and spiritual development has been amazing!

1 comment:

  1. so sweet! He and Rebekah need to put on a performance next time :)
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete