Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

The alarm clock rang - 5:00 am! I hit snooze twice and then headed downstairs to a quiet house to begin the Royal Wedding festivities. As I turned on the television, I saw a handsome Prince William step out of the car...the wedding day fun had begun!

I sat in awe and watched with millions (maybe billions!) as Prince William married his Princess. I was able to watch in peace until the ceremony itself started and Philip & Jackson woke up. All three of us watched until Wesley came down and it became a family affair.


With all the Mommy Talk about the wedding, I have a few "kid quotes" I had to share:
  • I ran upstairs to get a few things done during a lull in the festivities. Jackson and Wesley stayed downstairs. It was about time for the Royal Kiss and Jackson yelled up to me: "Mom your weather is back on!"
  • Jackson ran into the playroom at Mimi & Pop Pop's house to find all the adults huddled around the TV watching the taped ceremony. His response : "Oh, we have that video at home!"
  • Ryan, a friend from the YMCA, asked his mother as she watched the coverage "Do we even know these people?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment