Saturday, April 30, 2011

Country Music Half Marathon

All my dad wanted for his 60th birthday is to participate in the County Music Half Marathon with his three daughters. Last Spring, we all signed up to walk in this 13.1-mile race.

When Susan found out the exciting news about Benjamin’s arrival, she had to back out, but Emily, Dad, I trained (sort of!) for the big day.

Saturday morning, Ryan dropped us off at the Start line, and we huddled with 31,000 other participants to begin. Since we were walking the Half Marathon, there were a lot of other racers who started before us. It ended up taking us 50 minutes to even get to the start line to begin our walk! We joked that by the time we started, some runners had already gone 10 miles – CRAZY!

We had a great time on the course. It was a gorgeous day and we spent the time talking and looking at the beautiful city of Nashville (so much has changed in the 6 1/2 years since we have been gone!)

We walked for over three and a half hours - 3:42:48 to be exact – and were greeted at the finish line by Ryan, Wesley, Jackson, Philip and my Mom! What a great way to end a picture perfect day!


Now granted this was before the race began, but seriously? Should anyone look this good at an outside exercise event? I love this picture!!!

Now, this is more like it!
Emily looks great, but I look like I have been sweating for 10 miles! Only 3.1 more to go!

About to cross the finish line
We have just spotted Ryan!


And we cross! Dad would probably like me to note that he finished 1 second before Emily and me - Way to go, Dad!

13.1 miles!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Wish I could have done it with you. Maybe next year?!?!

    ReplyDelete