Saturday, April 16, 2011

Recipe Exchange

This year, we restructured our Sunday School classes. Instead of a free-for-all class schedule, we are now divided up by Life Stages. Wesley and I still work with the college kids, but the Class Coordinators for our Life Stage, Kate and Misty, have kept us in the loop about the fun things happening with their class.

Tonight, Misty and Kate planned a recipe exchange. We all sent in recipes and Kate made a cookbook for us. Then, we all made one of our dishes and had a FABULOUS potluck! It was so good

One of the recipes I made for the evening was my mom’s almond tea, but an unexpected (& fast!) right turn by Priscilla left this delicious treat on the floorboard of her hubby’s car! Whoops!

It was a fun night out with good food and great friends!

Dionne, Leanne, and Kristi

Priscilla, Leanne, Dionne, Cory, Ashley, Allison
Misty, Kate, Lindsay, and Kristi

In addition to the cooking portion of the night, Misty and Kate also planned a cute craft - We made aprons...I should say we painted aprons...I should say Kate painted aprons! I never like the way my handwriting comes out in things like this so I asked Kate to write mine. That lead to a line for Kate with her making half the aprons. We came up with the theme, and she made them cute!

I decided to make a Christmas apron and Priscilla suggested this wording. I think it turned out so cute!

So here’s a funny story – at least I think it is hilarious! Kate is an amazing cook. Everything that comes out of her kitchen is delicious. I love it when we get to taste her masterpieces, but Wesley loves it even more. He is always talking about what Kate cooks. Can he have some? Can we go over there and move in and have her cook for us all the time? Really, he is in love with her cooking. So, one day I said, “Wesley if you leave me, it will be for Kate’s cooking.” He didn’t deny it!

I was sharing this story with a girlfriend and she said, “Well, I can one-up that. After tasting Kate’s cooking, I told my husband I would leave him for her cooking!”

Guess “Martha” is the most wanted lady at our church! So scandalous!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I love the aprons and apparently I need to get some incredible ideas from that cookbook!
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete