Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mommy Notes

I know I have said this many times, but these kids crack me up! Here are some Mommy notes of what's been going on:
  • Jackson and Wesley were driving around Cumming and Wesley spotted a Lincoln Navigator Limousine (why it was in Cumming we don't know) Wesley showed it to Jackson and he replied "Oh, that's like the one you and Mommy rode in to Disney World!"  Wesley asked him "How did you know that?" Jackson replied" I saw a picture" -- We had recently shown him our wedding album and the last page has Wesley and me in a navigator limousine heading to our Honeymoon (Disney World!) The kid is so stinking observant! 
  • We had just left Wesley at Academy Sports and were heading home. Out of nowhere Jackson asked "I wonder who is going to be my mommy when I am as old as Daddy?" I replied "I will always be your mommy just like Grammy is always Daddy's mommy." Jackson answered "No, Mommy, I mean, who will be the mommy in my house." I asked who he wanted to be his Mommy. He asked me to name off his friends. First, Addie to which he replied "No, she will be Tucker's (her brother) mommy." I named off a few more girls he knows and he replied "Yes, she's 'bery beautiful or "Yes, she's cute" Oh my, I thought we had a few more years before this hit home!
  • Wesley picked Jackson up from school on Tuesday and asked if he had a good day. Jackson replied yes. Wesley said "Did you get in trouble?" Jackson "No, I didn't get in trouble, but I did pick my nose!" 


And then there is Philip - he's just so cute. He is saying so much now but the funniest is when he starts singing. His favorites:
  • Taylor Swift's Mean:  Someday....jibberish.....city...more jibberish....is mean 
  • Jake Owen Barefoot BlueJean Night: All gibberish except right on cue - Whoa-oh
Buzz Lightyear!

Wesley found out last night that the teachers at school call Philip "Tank" Wonder why? 

Is it because he is a 2 year old who has the strength of a 25 year old olympic weightlifter? Or because he towers over all his classmates? Or because he puts up a mean fight when he gets his diaper changed, clothes put on or put into/out of the car?

Don't let this face fool you - it's a name that fits him!






PS - "Tank" just said "I love you!" to me as I put him to bed. My heart is melting!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog today. If I had one, I would include a converstaion we had at the dinner table with your niece. Rebekah had told me that she likes "Hold" corn , so I got some and served it with Bar-B-Que (one of her likes). While eating, Daddy and I told her how Aunt Leanne would not eat corn as a little girl, but she likes it now. Rebekah asked what kind so I said "Hold" corn just like her. She then remarked that she DID NOT like "Fork" corn. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete